VIRTUAL Young Choreographer's Video | ONLINE- submissions due by April 23rd
Young Choreographer's Night is a chance every other year for our dancers to showcase their own choreography. Dancers create every part of the dance and work together to perfect the dance. Dancers in all levels (mostly recommended for 3rd grade and up) are welcome to choreograph dances for the event and must follow the guidelines below.
- Dances must be 0:45-2:00 minutes in length
- Dancers are allowed to be in up to 3 pieces at most
- Dances can be solos or include multiple dancers. All dancers must be students at VDS.
- Dancers can borrow costumes from VDS, with approval from Traci Broman
- Dancers must fill out Choreography form (right) and turn in music to Miss Marissa by Saturday, April 4th
- Dances will be split & judged based on age groups
- Judges will look for choreography, cohesion, synchronicity, flow, and performance value.
- 1 dance from each age group will be chosen that night, but all others will be chosen based on showcase order, needs between other dances, and styles needing to showcase in the following weeks.
- It is preferred that all dancers be available to perform in showcase, but not a requirement.